Wednesday, June 9, 2010

No electricity today


I awoke this morning with Yogi, the puppy, telling me it was time to get up.After letting him out I walked to the kitchen, I flipped the light switch.Thinking a light bulb was out I reached for another wall switch, alas, no lights.
Realizing the darkness was not due to lack of effective light bulbs,I decided we had no electric. Had I been at the cabin I would have been unaffected, but my stove in town is electric, so no hot water for tea this morning. It wasn't long before the dogs convinced me to head down to the cabin. It had begun to rain a bit and with a quick stop at The Village Bakery for breakfast we were on our way!
I love when the days take a deliberate turn. My best laid plans had been cast aside due to my dependence on electric. A detour to the country was the best remedy.
We hiked around the land, checking on the berries. The rain was helpful today as we still hand water our crop.What really surprised me, was the vast areas that had been flattened by the deer. Large swaths of grasses had been laid flat, proof of our furry neighbors nocturnal visit.They had slept or at least laid along the slight ridged area, above the berry fields. Perhaps, I thought, they are planning on harvesting a few berries as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment