Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tuesday, June 14th, 2011


When I had my vintage clothing shop in Cleveland I loved Tuesdays. It is the day where sales tended to be a bit slower and if it rained, I often had the day to myself, listening to old records,rearranging my showcases full of vintage jewelery and dreaming of possibilities.I allowed and encourage my mind and heart to live in the sea of creativity, all day.Tuesdays' were a gift to my muse,
So today I am in a small college town, and the sun is shining. Although I no longer have a retail store I have wonderful offices in a shared facility, and on Tuesday its my day to work solo.I give myself this day to work on the creative aspects of my business, not formulating herbal recipes necessarily, but creating new, and strengthening current business relationships. In the herbal tea business I am able to work with like minded folks, I have peers who are practitioners, gardeners, chefs, massage therapists, doctors, naturopaths, community health folks, artists etc..you get the idea! Working with herbs as food and as medicine, is a wonderful vehicle to reach out to others in a positive way. Who doesn't love nourishment.
Once in awhile, when I had that shop in Cleveland, folks would come in on those rainy Tuesdays, more often than not these folks tended to stick around and listen to old records and we would share our ideas about the interesting items around us.
So if someone comes to the offices today, I'll make a cup of iced tea and we'll listen to the tunes on the computer. Although the location has changed, Tuesdays are still a day to nourish my creative side. How about you?
Thanks for listening,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment