Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Athens Farmer Market

I have the honor of being on the Board for our Farmers Market here in Athens, Ohio. Our market is over 40 years in the making and I have been serving up my herbal brews as a vendor at the market for over 12 years.I was elected to the board last year and had to run again tonite.Ballots are being counted at one of our local brewery's... Jackie-O's, so we're not sure how it'll all turn out!

I decided to come home tonite and post to express how connected I feel with this wonderful town of Athens, Ohio. When moving to this region full time in the mid 1990's I had no idea how wonderful and rich my life could become. The hills that surround Athens and Meigs county are comforting, The folks in this area are interesting, creative, loving and quick to laugh. It seems as though many of us have come from other areas, yet were all drawn, for diffferent reasons to make a claim here.We now call this place home,
Check our our Athens Farmers Market website and see what some of the farmers and producers are up to. I'll let you know if I cleared the ballot count!
 http://athensfarmersmarket.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment