Sunday, January 24, 2010

Flu Season Hits Hard

Just off the phone with my family. Seems many of their friends have had bouts with the flu. They too have had some illness but all are recovering and that's the good news. H1N1 has been the hot topic this winter, I've included a link below, to share information about the use of the herb elderberry in fighting influenza.
http://tinyurl.com/elderberryinfluenza
I think about the way we care for the flu. So many over the counter medicines that often times are developed to ease the symptoms,to help us feel more comfortable while actually being sick. It's amazing.Does this sort of OTC remedies help us get better by making us feel more comfortable?
I for one, have been making plenty of tea.I eat fresh fruit , fresh veggies and keep myself hydrated. I do not forget my daily vitamin, nor have I had one day without some type of tea. The Herbal Sage elderberry tincture is taken every other day. I use 1 dropperful ( about 1/2 teaspoon) 2 times a day.Some studies suggest taking elderberry tincture daily during flu season. as an immune boost. Others suggest taking it daily when you have the flu. Either way,elderberry is a great addition to one's flu fighting arsenal!
Elderberry is one of those herbs that help to nourish me during flu season. The elderberries were harvested by both Cynthia and I, then dried. Some of these berries were added to the Tealady's Cold Care Tea recipe and others have been made into extract. This natural medicine sits in my medicine cabinet, a component of health here in Tealand.Here's another link in reference to use of elderberry in extract or tincture form.
http://tinyurl.com/elderberryinfluenza2

No comments:

Post a Comment