Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Herbal Sage Farms

I had the opportunity to head out to Herbal Sage Farms this afternoon.The ruts on the tractor road were filled with ice cold water and some lingering snow. The berries have made it thru another winter, and I am looking forward to increasing our crop this year.
This time of year on the land fills me with hope. The sun was bright and tufts of last season's grass swayed slowly, bogged down with the damp remnants of winter. The dogs enjoyed the mud, the sun, taking advantage of the open acreage to romp.
I can feel new life rumbling under my feet. I have learned that spring has already begun, shown to me in a simple bud starting on a berry bush.I cannot help but smile as I write this, for this simplicity, feeds my soul..

No comments:

Post a Comment